Monday, May 9, 2011

The Science of Harry Potter: How Magic Really Works Review

The Science of Harry Potter: How Magic Really Works
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I received this book as a gift and, upon reading it, now consider it a valuable addition to my collection. There are a few things, however, that I've noticed some other reviewers pointing out that I would like to go into. The author of the book considers himself a Harry Potter fan. In fact, the majority of scientists he consults are also supposedly fans of the series. The book, however, is less about Harry Potter and more about science. Essentially, it is a book describing and explaining the realistic possibilities of scientifically creating the "magic" used by the wizards in Harry's world. If anything, the book should be retitled, "The Science of Harry Potter: How Muggles Use Technology to Acheive What Magic Already (Potentially) Does."
It is, however, incredibly well researched and is obviously a labor of love and dedicated interest. I would suggest this book to any Harry Potter fan who also enjoys reading about science. It is not, on the other hand, what the average Potter fan would consider casual reading. This is a science book, discussing topics ranging from quantum physics to ethnobotony and could very well be considered boring by most people's standards.

Click Here to see more reviews about: The Science of Harry Potter: How Magic Really Works



Buy NowGet 33% OFF

Click here for more information about The Science of Harry Potter: How Magic Really Works

0 comments:

Post a Comment