Monday, August 29, 2011

Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter Review

Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
This book analyzes (maybe over-analyzes) the Harry Potter books, but the results are very enlightening. It's like seeing the HP world with a whole new set of eyes. A typical item notes that Mrs. Figg's house (she's Harry's "babysitter" when the Dursleys exclude him from a family event) smells of cabbages, just like the apothecary shop in Diagon Alley. I had already noticed that Diagon Alley = "diagonally", but missed Knockturn Alley = "nocturnally".
By tying small references from one book location to another, it makes connections that are easy to miss. These are not the usual "how could I have overlooked that?" tidbits, but things one could never connect without keeping detailed notes. Who reads a book of fiction like that? The authors also note the significance of character names, using knowledge that is way beyond my shallow understanding of mythology and magic.
From what I've read so far, I'd say that calling Harry Potter a "children's book" is to miss the deeper meaning (and hard work) that makes the series so special.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter

0 comments:

Post a Comment